U-Ship has quite a great deal going on for them. They get paid to be a forum but really have NO responsibility. I work in auto transport for a carrier (a trucking company) not a broker (a middle person).
There are a couple of brokers who are doing BIG BUSINESS on U~ship because they have hundreds or thousands of ratings. Here is what you don't know: Those ratings are for the service that was recieved. That service was not provided by the broker but by the carrier that actually moved the vehicle.
I work for a carrier and we cannot win bids because we have no ratings. We have been on U~Ship for years but the bids are all low-balled by brokers who then get the great ratings off the backs of the sweat of truckers.
We can't really move auto's as cheap as you see on U~Ship, which is why you will also see many complaints. To move a small car from FL to OH we would normally charge about $625 this time of year. Keep in mind we have truck payments, fuel to purchase, insurance payments, maintenance etc... Brokers have a to pay for a bond, a website and sometimes an office, very little overhead so they book for cheap in order to make their "booking fee" and then leave the client twisting in the wind.
If the carrier tried to bid on a vehicle they will do so at a loss and then pay U~Ship fees on top of that loss. For example, to bid $400 to move the FL to OH car, it will cost the carrier $78.99
That is fine if you want to ship an old beater that doesn't run but do you want to trust a good car that gets you where you want to go to someone that is just trying to make their $150?
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- Bid Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "i live in indonesia , and its so far away from usa .. and the shipping cost also very very expensive if i want to send things from there to..."
- " On September 6 2015, we accepted the bids from a uShIP sponsored business owned by a Kevin Harris of Harris Moving&Hauling (Youcallwehaulallthetime(7))phone #513-289-5225. The..."
- "I ordered three ipod touches 32g in different colors for my girls for Christmas. The box was obviously cut open and retaped. Two of the ipod touches were missing! I..."
- "I did the free trial and Instaflex started charging my credit card repeatedly. I returned the product and they still didn't refund my money. It was $75 a month. I..."
- "Days Inn at 13353 North Fort Myers … BED BUGS!!!!! I ended up at this particular hotel for two weeks because a friend of mine and his family had been..."
- "i bought a sectinal , iwas told it was leather and its not , the sectional is pelling like sun burn, after speaking to a manager at the fort myers..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."