Uship - Auto Transport on U~Ship, Broker or Carrier, it is not a great deal
U-Ship has quite a great deal going on for them. They get paid to be a forum but really have NO responsibility. I work in auto transport for a carrier (a trucking company) not a broker (a middle person).
There are a couple of brokers who are doing BIG BUSINESS on U~ship because they have hundreds or thousands of ratings. Here is what you don't know: Those ratings are for the service that was recieved. That service was not provided by the broker but by the carrier that actually moved the vehicle.
I work for a carrier and we cannot win bids because we have no ratings. We have been on U~Ship for years but the bids are all low-balled by brokers who then get the great ratings off the backs of the sweat of truckers.
We can't really move auto's as cheap as you see on U~Ship, which is why you will also see many complaints. To move a small car from FL to OH we would normally charge about $625 this time of year. Keep in mind we have truck payments, fuel to purchase, insurance payments, maintenance etc... Brokers have a to pay for a bond, a website and sometimes an office, very little overhead so they book for cheap in order to make their "booking fee" and then leave the client twisting in the wind.
If the carrier tried to bid on a vehicle they will do so at a loss and then pay U~Ship fees on top of that loss. For example, to bid $400 to move the FL to OH car, it will cost the carrier $78.99
That is fine if you want to ship an old beater that doesn't run but do you want to trust a good car that gets you where you want to go to someone that is just trying to make their $150?
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- Bid Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My 90 year old mother had her property ruined by Racing Randy's crew from Quick Transport. They were supposed to be transporting an antique six burner wood stove and broke..."
- "I saw pitbull puppies on Craigslist. No info on the area or owners was given. I texted the number and the lady replied saying she was going to contact me..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "After 18 mos. and numerous promises, my lawn looks worse than when I hired them. I have had 4 managers - all promising to do better than the previous...."
- "We purchased 2 recliner chairs in jan 2013 for our in-laws in Florida. They only spend a few months a year in FL, and the chairs are kept in climate..."
- "We purchased a NEW Raptor Toyhauler from LaMesa RV Fort Myers FL. So many things wrong. First day toilet blew out of the floor. We complain, they say "working as designed"..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."