Uship - Auto Transport on U~Ship, Broker or Carrier, it is not a great deal
U-Ship has quite a great deal going on for them. They get paid to be a forum but really have NO responsibility. I work in auto transport for a carrier (a trucking company) not a broker (a middle person).
There are a couple of brokers who are doing BIG BUSINESS on U~ship because they have hundreds or thousands of ratings. Here is what you don't know: Those ratings are for the service that was recieved. That service was not provided by the broker but by the carrier that actually moved the vehicle.
I work for a carrier and we cannot win bids because we have no ratings. We have been on U~Ship for years but the bids are all low-balled by brokers who then get the great ratings off the backs of the sweat of truckers.
We can't really move auto's as cheap as you see on U~Ship, which is why you will also see many complaints. To move a small car from FL to OH we would normally charge about $625 this time of year. Keep in mind we have truck payments, fuel to purchase, insurance payments, maintenance etc... Brokers have a to pay for a bond, a website and sometimes an office, very little overhead so they book for cheap in order to make their "booking fee" and then leave the client twisting in the wind.
If the carrier tried to bid on a vehicle they will do so at a loss and then pay U~Ship fees on top of that loss. For example, to bid $400 to move the FL to OH car, it will cost the carrier $78.99
That is fine if you want to ship an old beater that doesn't run but do you want to trust a good car that gets you where you want to go to someone that is just trying to make their $150?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Product or service
- Bid Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "WARNING DO NOT RISK YOUR DOG ON USHIP! Please Google "Uship Missing Dogs" Before You Waste Your $ Bidding Please Research Youself! Most People Are Unaware Of All The Potential..."
- "I am writing this review on 8/14/15. Today is the day we got scammed 1600 dollars. My mother in laws previous dog had died and my boyfriend and I decided..."
- "I from Penang (Malaysia) bought 2 kitten male and famale from Thailand, the owner using uship for shiping,I paid first payment RM 500 balance I will paid when a kitten..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "I ordered my wedding dress on July 16th & it arrived last night. The dress is perfect!! I can walk out of a store with a size 4 pair of..."
- "I decided to become a Comcast (Xfinity) subscriber for their internet being that it is the fastest in the Fort Myers Florida area, though, it is also the most expensive...."
- "I have been shopping at your fort myers location for quite awhile now and recently i have stopped i was just in tonight and have found many things off aboit..."