San Jose, California

I had contracted for shipment of a motorcycle from Pa. to Co.

that I had bought on ebay. It was sent out for bid, and two hours before the close of auction I had not recieved so much as one bid. so I called uship and they said they would contact 10 different carriers and ask for bids. I wanted and enclosed transport, and got 1 bid from a guy with an open transport and one with an enclosed transport.

In the bid the carrier promised pickup between 2 dates that had an eleven day window. and the same for delivery. The last day for delivery had arrived and it turns out the bike hadn't even been picked up. I contacted the carrier and was neddless to say pissed.

he said There s nothing that will make you happy at this point so he suggested canceling the contract and for me to start the whole process over. I said no, that we had entered into a legal and binding contract and he needed to fullfill it or I would take him to court for any additonal costs and the delay in time. he contacted uship, and they canncelled the contract. meanwhile they held onto my money for 3 weeks, and then didn't even want to give me a full refund.

After checking, this kind of thing seems to happen quite often. I will never again do bussiness with uship, as a matter of fact I will do everything I can to sway people from using thier horrible service. Thier customer service is attrocious.

and since uship, paypal and ebay are all part of the same big corp. I will never use any of them again.

Preferred solution: really nothing these *** can do. I ended up having to drive to Pa, rent a trailer and bring the bike home myself..

Comments

You've got the connections right; uShip, eBay, and PayPal. It's difficult to point at which has the worst business ethics.

I personally have never had a problem with eBay, but realize many thousands have. PayPal lost at least one class action suit against them for over $10 million, but didn't stop their nefarious behavior.

uShip acts like a broker, claims to be only a matching site, but meddles endlessly in the transactions between shippers and transporters, protecting neither, but taking highest-in-the-market fees from each.