Please read before using uShip because they will try to hold you to the contract but not the carrier.

I would have never thought this would happen to me.

I was a first time shipper and didn't pick the lowest bid, I went with someone that had good reviews. My stuff, which is everything I own including my deceased parents antiques, was abandoned in a storage in Alabama. I have no idea what I am going to do. Carrier picked up my stuff on Monday and after he left I discovered he had moved some boxes to a back room, that he had no business accessing, because he did not have room on his truck.

When I contacted him he agreed to pay to ship the boxes UPS but then when uShip contacted him via email he said that I had signed saying that he had taken everything. He continued to lie to uShip saying that I had never told him there were items in that room(there weren't) and then changing it to I knew the items had been left. I even took pictures of the boxes he left as he had hidden them on a high shelf that I would not have been able to lift the boxes on. After that the carrier refused to contact me or uShip for 28 hours.

UShip continued to make excuses for the carrier and his behavior saying I should delete my negative feedback until I got my stuff back(wonder how many others have been told and have done that to get their stuff). The carrier then stated he was stuck because of weather and would be delivering the shipment to Texas on Friday (on Tuesday he was only 9 hours from destination). I discovered yesterday that carrier is not licenced to haul across state lines and reported that to uShip. Today I received an email from uShip that was forwarded from the carrier stating he had delivered my shipment.

When I responded to the uShip representative that my shipment hadn't been delivered, the carrier started a string of emails saying I was causing drama, he had gone out of his way for me, and that he had rented a bigger storage unit. When the carrier finally gave the phone number of the storage it was discovered that it is in Alabama(2 hours from his home). The carrier then tried to say that he had made a deal with me that he would only take the items halfway(makes no sense because uShip was aware from my calls and emails that I could not get the carrier to respond to me). To top it off uShip emails me saying that since we have different stories and nothing in writing (except the contract, emails and bill of lading) they wanted my permission to release payment to him.

So to sum it up contract stated carrier would use a moving truck (brought a uhaul pull behind trailer), would take 2 car seats (did not have room), would move a specified number of boxes(left 3 hidden behind)and would deliver to storage unit in Abilene Tx (was put in a storage in Alabama). The carrier broke the contract numerous times yet uShip told me that I could not without payment. Use at your own risk.

I refused to remove my feedback because I do not want this to happen to anyone else. Also I tried to reach out to the CEO Matt Chasen via twitter and facebook and received no response.

Comments

Hi, I am a Customer Relations Specialist at CitizenShipper. I was both shocked and dismayed to hear about your experience.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had to go through all this.

I wanted to let you know about CitizenShipper.com. We're also an online shipping marketplace, and connect customers like you with drivers. What really distinguishes us from other service is our commitment to customer safety and satisfaction.

Drivers on CitizenShipper undertake stringent screening checks before picking up any customer shipments, including a nationwide Background Check, and also address verification. We also feel our community policed review and feedback system helps users to *** out undesirable members leaving only the drivers who conduct themselves with professionalism and integrity.

In addition to this, we've also just integrated a dispute resolution system which further enhances user safety on our site.

If you do find yourself in need of quotes and professional drivers, please reach out to us at Support 'at' citizenshipper dot com, or call me on 1-888-263-4804 and I'd be happy to find you a professional driver.

Thanks