Los Gatos, California

I responded to an ad for a puppy in San Jose CA. Suddenly a woman who "just got transferred to Alabama" from San Jose and whose "daughter had suddenly died" said she would send two puppies the next day by noon to CA. Her email address was marialefton10@yahoo.com.

Of course she refused to give any details when I asked what shipping company she was using or what microchip provider the pets had and would not sign her name or provide a phone number.

A foreigner from U ship called me about 15 times today saying I needed to send $270.00 cash for shipping through Western Union to Cameroon. I asked them to fax me the details and they said their fax was down. I asked if I could pay by credit card over the phone and they said that system was down too.

The guy at Western Union reviewed their email and could tell it was a scam, so I got lucky and did not send any money.

Comments

now you can see what others are saying about Shannon "Stone" Steede. Check out the latest updates on www.stonesteede.com

Did i hear scam? I wonder if the infamous *** Shannon "Stone" Steede is behind it... find out more about Shannon's misdeeds, scams, judgments and bankruptcies at www.stonesteede.com

For the best service in Pet Transport I would highly recommend using www.ShipAlmostAnything.com. They have over 1050 qualified shipping service providers that specialize in moving a variety of commodities including pet transport. I have used then a few times in the past and have found this to be a very useful free service.

YOU HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR SHIPPERS ON USHIP TOO. LIKE ONE HIS NAME IS CHRIS HATCU .

HATCU SERVICES . HE CLAIMS HE HAS A CDL LICENCE BUT HE DON'T. AND JUST REG PASSENGER INSURANCE AND HIS TRUCK NOT EVEN IN HIS NAME. HES A CONARTIST.

IF HE HAS A WRECK OR DONT DELIVER YOUR LOAD.

THEN YOUR SOL.. EVERYONE DO YOUR HOME WORK FIRST.

uShip

The experience described by the original poster is an instance where a person or group fraudulently used uShip’s name, logo, etc. without consent.

We have been made aware of scams occurring on various online classified sites where the seller of an item makes false claims about uShip and/or impersonates a uShip employee in an attempt to trick individuals into sending them a non-bank wire transfer payment for non-existent goods.

These scams are in NO way related to uShip.com or uShip, Inc. uShip is an online shipping marketplace where customers that need to ship something can create a listing for their item and have transportation companies registered on the site place bids, or in other words quotes of what it would cost to deliver that item.

uShip is an online platform for connecting members, and not an actual transportation company.

Thus, uShip is NOT responsible for the actual shipment, purchase or sale of any items. We strongly encourage you to report these scams to the Internet Crime Complaint Center as well as the original place you found the classified ad.

chesterfieldmichael@live.com>

this is the email address of the basterd who tried to sell me his african grey parrots ...

this is the address who asked me for wire transfer..he acted as a representative of uship ...

beware of these basterds ,,

any transaction which is done by western union is a scam ,,, trust worthy websites always ask for a mastercard or visa or paypal ,, cuz they are traceable from that

I've shipped puppies twice with people I've found on Uship and both went smoothly and on schedule. I like using them.

I knew both breeders previously though. Another thing is that you need to check the feedback of the shipper who submits a bid, as it can't be faked and can only come from people who have booked completed shipments with that person. All of those red flags... uncommunicative breeders, really low prices, asking for additional huge sums of money...

should have been a tip off that something wasn't right in the beginning. Uship has worked perfectly for me.

Wow thats the same place that Uship people are from sending my puppy from texas to my place. I bought the puppy through oodle.com and the seller didnt answer questions i asked questions and seller just rushed into making sure it gets a good home and be delivered tomorrow and i western union 255 dollars for the dog as of now im suppose to receive the dog by 11 pm march 15. idk if its gonna happen though.

UShip is a scam and needs to be shut down. I have been receiving calls from various area codes all day as well as back and forth emails telling me "I BETTER send in the $250 for a Papillon puppy". After reading these posts earlier today I realized the site was a complete scam and thankfully didn't send them any money. It *** me off that something like this can go on for so long and no one seems to be about to do anything about shutting it down.

Just as a side note:

The name of the woman they told me to Western Union the money to was Laquita Middleton. They said the address was 107 Camellia Street in Naples, Florida.

my same happened to me just yeserday £523 i lost beacuse of them scaming bastards went on oodle.com and saw a buul dog that need rehoming it was in my area when i email him he said he moved to isle of man because of work and that his daughter had die. he said he can have the dog deliverd to me for£120 so i paid it delivery company u ship got intouch and said dog will be with you tomorrow at 10 next day had email saying dog is stuck in blackppol with te police because the insurnce had ran out and would have to pay £350 and i would get it back when i get the dog beening dog lovers i paid it please be carefull because they are still on oodle.com i didnt do my research till it was to late

idont think u went about it correctly all parties have to b a member of uship,shipper,reciever and shipping provider.that way infomation is monitored by uship,i am a shipping provider with uship email,sneadkenlee@yahoo.com

i had thesame problemthe pup owner was from close to where i live then i contacted the owner about the dog and they got transferred to camaroon north dakota. while i think they just left the ''s'' off camaroon and it is ment to say ''scam a morron

MadPikachu

Yes! Don't send them any money! The man who I talked to claimed that he was a journalist and needed to find homes for his Shiba Inu's because of his work. He said things like "oh she'll be for Christmas" and "I'm giving you whole hearty" to make me feel secure with the transaction and like it was real. Fortunately I read all these reviews before I sent any money. He is now blocked!!

alexcalman@yahoo.com

ushipets@hotmail.com

emails of the scammers I got!

#219711

lol never send money western union it's a scam everytime!!!

This has happen to me also. I find a website that a guy was selling english bull dogs online for 250.00.

To good to be true! I talk to the person thru email for two weeks. he gave me the story of why he was selling the puppy for so cheap and stated that he wanted me to give him updates on the puppy. I felt like it was safe.

How *** of me. He calls me from some unknown number and tells me to western union the 250.00. and then he calls me back saying that I need to pay an additional 700.00 dollars because the dog has no insurance and if I don't pay I will be fine 5000.00. I finally got brains from somewhere and told him that I don't feel comfortable with this.

He started to become not customer friendly. He said pay 100.00, me being scared to death, I went to western union and the guy their told me not to pay this it is a scam. so i only lost 250.00. I called the police and he also said it was a scam and if the guy calls back which he ain't, tell him to send me to court.

After I told the guy I wasn't going to send anymore money, I haven't received no more emails and calls from his unknown number. The name of the so call company was called USHIP, with no 1800 number. western union to cameroon, no where land! I feel so ***.

Please be careful people the world is full of evil people. The email address was corleypits@yahoo.com. somewhere in washington state.

He says... I feel robbed!

That happened to me as well! I sent $200 for the shipping then was told to western union another $355!

when I told them i wanted my money back I was feeling uneasy they said they were already back in their home country so come get them there and it was Cameroon. I want to know what needs to be done to prosecute this ***!

The authorities in Cameroon! LOL! Good luck with that!

You can report this type of scam on the FTC website. If enough people complain the authorities in Cameroon may prosecute this guy for his puppy scams.