Rockville, Maryland

We were working with someone we found through Uship. Uship charged our credit card immediately even though the details had not been finalized.

We had to cancel the shipment because the sender backed out. The shipper understood and submitted a cancellation request to Uship. Uship wants to keep 10% of the contracted bid and the service fee. I don't think they should charge us anything since all they did was send a few emails.

I am sure the shipper will not see any of the money that Uship is gouging from us. Our credit card company-- Chase-- is not going to bat for us but that is a whole other issue

Product or Service Mentioned: Uship Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Uship Cons: High cancellation feeds.

Comments

CitizenShipperSupport

Hi, I'm Jennifer, Customer Relations Manager at CitizenShipper. I was both shocked and dismayed to hear about your experience.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had to go through all this.

I wanted to let you know about CitizenShipper.com. We're also an online shipping marketplace, and connect customers like you with drivers. What really distinguishes us from other service is our commitment to customer safety and satisfaction. Drivers on CitizenShipper undertake stringent screening checks before picking up any customer shipments, including a nationwide Background Check, and also address verification.

We also feel our community policed review and feedback system helps users to *** out undesirable members leaving only the drivers who conduct themselves with professionalism and integrity. In addition to this, we've also just integrated a dispute resolution system which further enhances user safety on our site.

If you do find yourself in need of quotes and professional drivers, please reach out to me on jennifer 'at' citizenshipper dot com, or call me on 1-888-263-4804 and I'd be happy to find you a professional driver.

Thanks!

Jen

jipper

thats what sucks about uship... ive been thinkin to use them but im super confused on how it works.

So right now what i understood on your post is...

Uship charges you a fee to post the job??

Or to accept the bid or offer of the service from a delivery person/carrier .. like a booking fee?? (so u can exchange contact info and set up the details) but then how much did you paid?

And so then.. if the bid from the carrier was for $100dlls, he then has to pay $10dlls as well?

(the 10% u mentioned) or is it paid by you.

So ive read so many bad reviews, that im not thinking on using them .. but i cant stress you enough how hard is to find a post anywhere that breaksdown all this costs for you, so maybe if you can breakdown your loses for future people to have it there for reference i think it be great.