I have a legitimate business and wanted to use my trucks in our off season.But to operate legally and to go from "private carrier" hauling our own product to "for hire" meant I have to apply for a MC number from the USDOT.

This is very expensive and time consuming process. And if I wanted to haul vehicles I needed $1,000,000 liability insurance and have a Class 9 hazardous material rating. The total cost $11,000 to do it right. Then I have to compete with a bunch of people driving around with their personal pick up trucks hauling all kinds of trailers, some with vehicles hanging over the edge.

Geez people, what are you thinking!? Their profiles show no USDOT or MC authority so probably their own personal insurance. I would be underbid all day long. UShip states clearly that shippers need to verify their carrier's insurance and operating authority.

But seems like that doesn't happen to often. If a carrier hauls your cargo across state lines and is illegal and gets pulled over your cargo can be impounded. And what if they have an accident? There are some decent carriers on UShip, but the nature of the site attracts those who skirt federal regulations.

UShip take a hefty fee, then add tolls, fuel and other expenses and I couldn't compete. So, my advice is BUYER BEWARE! Cheaper is not always better! Do your due diligence and know your carrier and have them prove that they are legal.

If not you are at fault for what happens. The fact that every carrier needs lots of bids is because of the low prices people want to pay. Haulers have to keep their vehicles loaded. And when shippers don't respond to emails, well that makes for a lot of wasted time and effort looking for jobs.

So I am out. I cannot operate in this type of arena. That is what I get for wanting to do it right.

But please be careful if you are looking for what might not be the bargain you think.UShip is definitely "You get what you pay for"

Review about: Uship Transportation Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.