I am sorry to report that my dog was hurt during transport, and Tina Elkins, very surprisingly to me, has been 100% unwilling to even discuss the issue with me on the phone. I was stunned by her excellent reviews and didn't hesitate to book her to transport my dog across country. However my dog suffered pressure ulcers from the crate and lost 4 lbs during transport. Despite being in touch once daily with Tina throughout the transport, I was not informed of any of this when it occurred.
Chillingly, when she arrived, she told me that these sores had been started when she picked the dog up, which is not true. When I emailed her with these concerns after delivery, she asked for vet documentation of all of this which I provided only hours later. However at this point I have received only minimal response from her, no acknowledgement or empathy for the problem, and being told that that I am to blame because my dog was underweight (58 lbs at time of pick up, now 54) when she was picked up – Tina went as far as to tell me ‘I can’t take care of my dog and I should give her away’ which I feel is first of all completely untrue, unrelated to the issue at hand, and frankly a cruel and unnecessary response to a problem reported by a customer. The fact that my dog was having problems gaining weight at home (for which I took her to the vet and was addressing actively) does not account for pressure ulcers or the fact that she lost so much weight during transport over only a few days.
I am growing increasingly concerned that not only when this vendor encounters a problem, she will not report to the owner, but even worse, when you report concerns, she will refuse to talk to you about it in a civil manner. I started by asking her to discuss this privately between us to avoid posting unfavorable reviews given her previously stellar reputation, but given the state of this situation I am considering even pursuing follow up with the ASPCA and further legal charges to avoid this happening to others. If any one has doubts about the veracity or extent of the concern I am happy to provide all documentation and it has been provided to uship.com who I hope will mediate a solution to this sad situation. At this point my dog has developed cellulitis in these ulcers and is on oral antibiotics, though she was not taken to a veterinarian and I was not notified of it when it developed thus a delay in diagnosis and treatment of cellulitis.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Uship Dog Transportation Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM OPERATING AS A MOVING COMPANY! My wife and I hired them to move us from South Carolina to California. My wife spent the majority..."
- "freightcenter.com is FRAUD. This company would blast your phone once you're interested in doing business with them. Once they get a hold of your credit card number, things will go..."
- "U-Ship has quite a great deal going on for them. They get paid to be a forum but really have NO responsibility. I work in auto transport for a carrier..."
- "My mother ordered flowers for my daughter after brain surgery And I cried when they arrived. Pitiful Walmart has better flowered for $7.99..."
- "My family and I went to stay at the Golden nugget for the first time and it was a desaster there service was horrible.when we checked in it was nothing..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."