Uship - Scam for a Shiba Inu!

416 of 502 Uship reviews

Hello! I was wanting to thank all the helpful reviews here on this site! I was saved precious money that could be used for Christmas items!

It started with me looking in my local online newspaper for a puppy. I found one man who was claiming to be giving away Shiba Inu puppies for free to a good home. I contacted him (alexcalman@yahoo.com) and received an immediate reply!

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:46:52 -0800

From: alexcalman@yahoo.com

Subject: Shiba Inu puppies

To: ----

Hi ---,

Thanks for contacting me regarding my lovely pups and I apologize for the late reply, they are called Lauren and Laura They are still available and ready now to go to a new home.Lauren is a male and Laura is a Female, They are 12weeks old pure breed AKC registered, vet check, updated in all shots. Well-tamed and potty trained, good associate with kids and other house hold pets. I live in Kentucky and these puppies will be coming from North Kentucky.

i am giving them out for free and I can arrange for shipping to any loving person who lives far and it will cost $300 each puppy for National Shipment. This is because i have just had my new job as a journalist and it is due-to the mobility of this job that leave me with no choice both to look for a perfect home for these cute and well trained puppies of mine. And i want a home for them as soon as possible.They are very sensitive, well socialized puppies and possesses in the following characters..

Laura She is home and Potty Trained..

-She does not bark a lot.

-She is AKC registered, vet check, updated in all shots .

-She Is socialized with kids and other house hold pets .

-She is health vaccinated.

Laura is one of the largest puppy and one of the calmest puppy we have ever had. She is a little more reserved, but friendly and snuggles right in when picked up for hugs. Her family bond will be strong and loyal. She is also doing great on leash training and simple commands

Lauren

-He is home and potty trained

-He barks more than Laura but not to much.

-He is AKC registered, vet check, updated in all shots.

-He is health vaccinated

-He barks when he sees strangers.

This cute puppy is the smallest of the litter and is growing fast. At a very young age he would sit up in a royal pose to whine . So the

kids dubbed him Jake. He is totally unafraid to tackle any

of the bigger pups and loves to lick hands and faces if you get too close. He is one of the kid's favorites and gets handled a lot.I will like to know more about you.

-Are you married?

-Do you have kids?

-Are you familiar with this kind of breed?

-can you Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?

-What is your occupation?

-Were exactly are you located?

-What is your phone number?

-Are you interested in Lauren or Laura?

-Have you ever arrange for a home delivery of a puppy?

Hope to read from you soon asap

regards

First of all. He said sorry for the late reply although he responded only four minutes after I sent my message! Second of all he had claimed they were free and then in the email said it would cost 300$ to ship one! Crazy!! I told him I couldn't pay the money and then he kindly said he would let me pay 150$ then he would cover the rest. I thought it was nice of him and told him I would not get paid till Friday.

Although I told him this he sent me another email soon after and said he had already registered her! I was upset but I decided not to argue. As I was going to pay I got a weird email from "Uship". Here is the addressinformation they told me to ship money to through Western Union!

FIRST NAME:...............................Emmanuel EkANE

COUNTRY................................CAMEROON

STATES.....................................LITTORAL

CITY......................................TIKO

ZIP CODE......................................00237

NB: When you are paying this fee,you will need a test question.Make it to be;

TEST QUESTION:.......................WHO ?

ANSWER:................................... GOD

Needless to say... I soon caught onto this scam thanks to this website!! I did not send any money thank god and now have all the emails blocked. I haven't received any phone calls yet but I will block the numbers if I do!!

Thank god for this site! :)

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
416 of 502 Uship reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 16 #1199916 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

FIRST of all, You don't ship ANY animal: Puppy or Kitten anywhere! PERIOD!
The trauma alone would last their whole lives and you would then wonder whats wrong with my new little pet, JESUS!!!!

Apr 22 #1148706

Same thing happening here in Australia right now 23/4/2016 .. Pedigree kittens .. Exactly the same spiel exactly the same shipping . Thank goodness for this page . I'm reporting them to our Federal Police . although I'm sure the email address they used is now none existent. They did ring me . I do have a number .

May 19, 2015 #985975

I just had the same thing happen to me regarding a 11 week old rottweiler. The seller was asking for 500.00 and that included shipping.problem started whem i asked for photos of pup, only was given what was on site no current photos. Then the shippinh company upet delivery wanted me to money gram the money so i had my mother go do that and the clerk at cash exchange would let it go through she sad it was a scam and was flagged then the shipping company changed the info for shipper, wanting me to.ll ie about who was recieving the money. When i spoke with the man at upet delivery he was rude and telling me we did the money gr wrong and to go to another money gram store and try again ... there was soo many clues to not go through with the transaction. . Im going to notify BBB in the morning and make copys of all the emails sent ..these scammers need to be stopped .im battling cancer and was looking forward to having this puppy to help me though all the ruff times ahead...

Irritated

Feb 17, 2015 #947058 Omaha, Nebraska, United States

Honestly, you all deserve to be scammed. If the ad is legit, its a puppy mill. Go to your local Humane Society or animal shelter. There are SOO many dogs and puppies out there that deserve to be loved.

0 1 Reply

May 17, 2015 #985427

No one deserves to be scammed. Hippie. Who wants a shiba from an animal shelter anyways. We want purebreeds.

Jan 21, 2015 #934218 Benicia, California, United States

same thing in washington state after 200.00 for a lab puppy want another 1800.00 western union of course for insurance. no way was i paying that.

Jennychungable

Feb 25, 2013 #614478 Houston, Texas, United States

Hi, I believe we dealt with the same guy. The style of writing is all the same. The two Shiba Inu I had to choose from were Jane and Jay. Check out his first email to me:

Hello dear,

Thanks so much for the mail and interest regarding my puppies i have just attach pics of the male an female puppies for your view, we have a male and a female puppies now available and they are 12weeks old, they have very good temperament with kids and other pets,they are very playful and love to play around with toys and kids, they are health guaranteed and A KC registered, they are up to date on all their shots and they will be coming along side with their health papers and vet records. First i wish to let you know that we are given these puppies out because my wife just died. She was located in LITTLE ROCK (AR) and all of us are there now .She was the owner of these cute little babies. Since she is now late , We can't keep the puppies here in such condition because each time we see them , we keep thinking of her .So we want to give them out to a lovely and caring home ,where they can be treated as such and keep us up dated on monthly progress.These puppies will be coming from LITTLE ROCK (AR), But if you would be able to come over here for the pick up, we shall be very great full, but if you can't come , we can make arrangement for home delivery with the pet delivery service and they will get the puppies delivered at your doorstep. Below are just
... Show more

James Field

Mar 29, 2012 #457486

This is so bad! I just got scammed out of $300 this morning. I am so UPSET and I really do not know what to do, this totally sucks. So not fait that people can do this and get away with it.

OoOoOoO

Jan 02, 2012 #401509

lee chua leechua33@hotmail.com
12/31/11 (3 days ago)

to me
Hello dear,
Thanks for the mail of interest as concern of my puppies, their names are
Female:::::Layla
Male:::::::Dave
They are all 14 weeks old, vet checked and vaccinated,
home and toilet trained and will be coming along with all their
necessary papers and 1year health guarantee and others like, eating
boll, pet blanket, play toy and food menu, they go along with other
home pets and love the company of kids mostly, very friendly and
socialize, they are very healthy, smart and playful. They also feeds well.

We are looking for families (an individual is a family of one though)
who can commit to a forever home for the dogs, and seem to us to have
the right stuff to love our puppies. We claim the right to deny any
prospective person our puppies and will always choose the home we feel
is best for the puppies. Please do let me know the following:

-Do you have a vet center near by?
-Do you promise to give them all the love and attention?
-How soon do you need them?
-Were precisely are you located???
-Can you please email me a photo of where they are going to stay (if possible)
-Do you have space in your apartment for the dogs to play around?
-How many of you live in your home?

sorry for too many questions just that
... Show more

uShip

Jul 07, 2011 #309330

All of these experiences mentioned are not in any way related to uShip.com or uShip, Inc., but rather describes instances where a person or group have fraudulently used uShip’s name, logo, etc. without consent.
uShip is an online marketplace where those who need shipping services can list their items and receive bids from independent transporters registered on the site.
uShip is NOT involved in the actual shipment of any items, and uShip is NOT involved in the purchase or sale of any items.
We have been made aware of scams occurring on various online classified sites where the seller of an item makes false and fraudulent claims about uShip and/or impersonates a uShip representative in an attempt to trick individuals into sending them a wire transfer payment for non-existent goods.
We strongly encourage all of you to contact the classified site where the ad was found as well as the Internet Crime Complaint Center to report this fraud.

Relieved

Jan 14, 2011 #235973

I was finished dealing with the same imbeciles!

Same Shiba Inu puppy scam, but the pups were called Tom and Jerry. They claimed to live in a Roman Catholic Parish community in Paulsboro New Jersey. These people asked me to send them $150 for AKC registered Shiba Inu puppies ($150 was the shipping fee), that were from Rome(but located in NJ). They were giving them away, because they had no time for them, and no one in their city would take them. (I live in Manitoba, they seen an ad I posted on Kijiji, looking for Shiba Inus).

A shotty email was sent to me, of poor quality, with spelling/grammar errors that didn't look like a professional company's email at all, that was supposedly from the airline that would ship the puppies via plane. They asked me to give money through Western Union, to some address in Cameroon.

The email I was contacted with, was eyebe1@blumail.org.
They called me on the phone with 1-760-705-8888, from Escondido CA (they claimed to be a Parish community in NJ)

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Uship. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Uship.
Filing a new complaint about
×