Florida, United States
1.6K views

I am a 5 star motorcycle/exotic automobile transporter with 100% feedback and have been using uship to fill empty spots on my trailer for about 2 years now. The business model is terrible!

The customer service is terrible! My customers are consistently confused throughout the listing and bidding process. Uship draws customers in with low impossible rate quotes based on what illegally operating transporters have bid on what they consider similar past shipments. They advertise rates that are unrealistic.

Uship prefers to use illegal operating companies because they are hungry, desperate and willing to accept lower paying loads. Loads that barely cover operational cost. Uship also prohibits transporters from informing customers of the additional fees on the transporter end. On a $500 transport, the bid the customer sees and pays is $599 plus uship listing fees.

They also raise the transporter's fees depending on the amount of cancellations. If uship determines that a transporter has excessive cancellations, even if those cancellations are a result of a customer changing their minds or no longer needing the service, they increase the fees that they charge on top of what that transporter bids in the future, penalizing the transporter. Uship's business model is all wrong. They do not care about who they are using to transport your goods.

They do not care about your experience with uship, mainly because they know most customers are one time users of the service.

They want you to pay them and go away. Use extreme caution when listing any valuable on ship.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uship Customer Care.

Comments

#1032036

Too true, the whole process of trying to move a load with u ship as a customer is too much hard work and confusing the whole thing needs simplifying as you sometimes don't know at what stage your request is at, lift your game u ship

Tigerdriver1

Thank you 5 Star rated carrier for posting your comments about uShip. You are 100% correct in your evaluation and experiences with uShip.

I would like to discuss this further at some point. I believe this warrants a call to FTC and BBB. I have been a very vocal advocate for legitimate carriers including myself since I started using the on-line services of uship and CitizenShipper. I also had a 5 Star rating with very satisfied shippers, Additionally my profile listed direct links to my Safer public web link as provided by the FMCSA.

I would like to point out there is NO such link for shippers! I'm expected to travel 2300 miles, bare all expenses and hope I don't get ripped off by some person I know NOTHING About. Recently things began to get escalated once uship decided to suspend my account for posting various shipping fee breakdown information for confused and unknowing shippers. Somehow uship even went as far as claiming I had 2 prior warnings regarding the posting of the breakdown of fees and cost associated with a particular potential shipment.

However that was not the case. There was 1 prior warning stating that I can not demonstrate to a potential shipper what the breakdown in fees are. (this practice in itself is where I have a MAJOR issue) In fact in that email they said I must indicate ALL fees INCLUDING uship fees in the bid. (inclusive) In many cases where there is a potential for multiple things to go wrong on a potential shipment, including being ripped off or being responsible for part of the shipment that is NOT our normal responsibilities it can create a detailed and lengthly public dialog about the terms and conditions in which I would agree to a particular shipment, including cost and payment terms.

Since apparently the bidding and awarding process/ terms and conditions of the accepted bid makes me responsible for what I agree to even if its my mistake in leaving a particular piece of critical information out of my terms to ship something. I then began to show cost breakdown to potential shippers, as it warranted; fuel, tolls, insurance, other travel cost AND uship fees. Of course they red-flagged my account and suspended me by saying I had 2 prior warnings and now I'm suspended for 30 days. I rant more explicitly on my web site if you care to read those comments and then reply.

deliveries123. Further more I want to drive this information to other transporters and the general public as much as possible.

I am but an ant in a jungle of ant-eaters. I have no chance to actually affect change against a 100 million dollar company BUT I will at least make my voice heard.

hp414

We couldn't agree with you more. We also had a 3rd business as a transporter, primarily cars and motorcycles.

We put so much time into it, making sure each trip was profitable. UShip has taken that away! The bids are starting ridiculously low! A quality transporter who actually takes pride in his work is not going to move a car over 400 miles for $100.

And if you by chance have a difficult customer, don't count on UShip standing behind you, you are basically on your own. It's too bad really, if properly run, it could have been a great website/business, unfortunately it is being run by greedy desk type people that have likely never transported anything in their lives.

I need some things shipped. It's my first time...what would you refer to be the safest and cheapest or reasonable way. Is there another company you would refer?