Uship is brokering haulers that are required to have MC/DOT numbers for interstate hauling. When Uship is told about a hauler that is violating federal law their response is "well it's not against Uship policy and we have been the business for 10 years and we should know if it's against Federal law, so go check your facts" Fact is if you are a commercial hauler, haul for monetary gain, and cross state lines you are required to be registered with the DOT, no matter what you are hauling.

So if you are thinking of using a hauler on UShip, think again, use professional licensed haulers and save yourself grief. Using a hauler that is not registered through the DOT for interstate hauling could lead to you goods being impounded. Oh, you will get them back but not until you jump through hoops, pay impound fees, etc.

And if your goods are damaged, like mine was, see pic, good luck in getting reimbursed, my hauler is just flat out refusing to repair the damage he caused. And you have no where to go.

Review about: Shipping Boats.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Uship?

Comments

Fairhaven, Massachusetts, United States #1221086

Don't get scammed by this farce.For any Equipment, Machinery, heavy duty trucks, whether you buy, sell, move, purchase or sell at auction,...it's only legal to transport for hire if the carrier is authorized by the FMCSA, Federally licensed and insured to do so.

If you are in need of heavy duty transport services requiring a lowbed or detachable gooseneck or rollback truck and are looking for a quote, CALL or email Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment, llc (ironmountainironhauling.com ) and speak with me, the owner of the business and have been in this for over 36 years. There will be no bs, no dishonesty, no problems...just good old fashioned friendly conversation with the person who has the experience and knowledge to get things done without any issues.

Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment, llc

Ironmountainironhauling.com

FACEBOOK : Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment, llc

Serving the Northeast and beyond, professional, honest and reliable.

These Internet shipping companies have helped us immensely to grow, in that we have helped several individuals who tried them and were scammed, to follow through with the job and turn a bad experience into a positive one.It's unfortunate that you have to deal with these situations, but rest assured that Tom at Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment, llc will tend to your needs if it's within the region and the spectrum of our capabilities.

I agree that uship should get rid of all of the illegal transporters on there website. In my opinion if you don't see a MC or DOT number on the shippers profile don't use them. Legal shippers rates are higher, but they are so they can stay legal and pay for there numbers and insurance.

TR

You are correct that transporters have to have DOT/MS. On Uship you can click on the transporters profile and it will show their DOT# and then click on it and it will take to the USDOT to verified that are valid. There are a lot that don't and you must have gotten one.

CitizenShipperSupport

Hi, I'm Jennifer, Customer Relations Manager at CitizenShipper.I was both shocked and dismayed to hear about your experience.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had to go through all this.

I wanted to let you know about CitizenShipper.com. We're also an online shipping marketplace, and connect customers like you with drivers. What really distinguishes us from other service is our commitment to customer safety and satisfaction. Drivers on CitizenShipper undertake stringent screening checks before picking up any customer shipments, including a nationwide Background Check, and also address verification.

We also feel our community policed review and feedback system helps users to *** out undesirable members leaving only the drivers who conduct themselves with professionalism and integrity.In addition to this, we've also just integrated a dispute resolution system which further enhances user safety on our site.

If you do find yourself in need of quotes and professional drivers, please reach out to me on jennifer 'at' citizenshipper dot com, or call me on 1-888-263-4804 and I'd be happy to find you a professional driver.

Thanks!

Jen

they asking for social security number before you can start get loads ...i will never give my SS number to any one ...especially some jennifer who knows where she came from.....