Johnstown, Pennsylvania

I have been trying to figure out how this works and to the best of my knowledge all I can figure is they are playing in the grey area. They take money for setting up the loads, (but yet they say theyre not a broker which by the way means they should have a MC number) they let ANYONE join such as "Joe Blow running his pickup and car trailer (who also needs and MC number since he is now considered "FOR HIRE")" to drive prices down.

I just dont understand how companies like this can stay in business. I think they should be held responsible for setting up these ILEGAL transactions.

They are killing the honest guy trying to do everything that DOT says they are supposed to.

What gives?????

Comments

In Uships contract it says you must be legal with Dot, State and Fed laws to bid on a item. Try to get that enforced.

You are not allowed to red flag them. Uship does not enforce that policy. They say it is up to the customer to check them out.

If it is in the contract that the transporter signs with uship it is up to uship to enforce it. They won't because that would stop the low ball rates.

As a shipper for uShip, I understand some of your complaints. What I don't understand is how can people be so *** as to think that a company who has millions invested in equipment, insurance, regulations, payroll, gas, and upkeep can deliver your grandmothers dresser half way across the country for $300.

I mean you people who list your loads on uShip sit back and wait for the lowest bidder, with no feedback, shows up with his pick-up, and you get upset because they arent professional?

uShip is a broker, they take a chunk out of the bid for sitting up the connection between shipper and customer, they have to make money to pay for the website, servers, personnel, and overhead.

If you want your shipment to be cheap, you are going to get unlicensed people, that should be common sense. You want something for nothing. Shippers have to make a living, pay for equipment, insurance, maintenance (my oil change costs $150 every 7,000 miles, my tires are $300 each), and then there is gas ($4 a gallon for diesel at 10 MPG), and I still have to feed my family and pay my mortgage.

I warn customers, do you really want some yahoo with no feedback shipping your $50,000 custom car, you pay for what you get. Take some responsibility for your part in this mess, hire professionals and the wanna bees will stop promising you the moon for nothing.

Brent Murray, S.P.O.T. Transportation, based out of Norfolk, Va, 757-589-4296. I tow a HaulMark 24' enclosed car hauler with a 2011 Ford F250 with a 6.7 twin turbo deisel. I pick up when I tell you I'm picking up, and i drop off when I tell you I'm dropping off.

Brent Murray, S.T.O.P. Transportation, based out of Norfolk, Va, 757-589-4296. I tow a HaulMark 24' enclosed car hauler with a 2011 Ford F250 with a 6.7 twin turbo deisel. I pick up when I tell you I'm picking up, and i drop off when I tell you I'm dropping off.

They keep 17% of profit on all booked loads through their website. They mask this fee with the term "initial deposit" and then pretend like they give it to the Transportation Service Provider...

They dont give us that money, they keep it. Oh well, from 4,000 shipments a month to about 1,000 this month.. slowly but surely their greed caught up to them and their business is going to collapse. Their employees are the biggest idiots too.

This one guy named Chris kept calling me to convince me to bring my carrier on uShip as if its a dispatch board and to post my loads there. What an ***

If you get a shipment booked and customer cancels, you get nothing! Don't see how can scam them.

They scam you, their fees are high! What ever you pay a deposit for they say to "help cover expenses- gas ect" does NOT go to shipper at all.

That is the profit uship makes! They make almost $17/ $100, for how low some of the bids go, after expenses they are coming off way better than most the shippers!

sorry charlie that wont work they increase there fees based on cancellations then after 4 or more in a month the block your acc been there done that

Uship is illegal...period. A@E will expose that in due time just watch...

Somehow UShip is blindly basking in what they "think" is glorious media attention and not paying attention to their entire illegal practice. Total deception to both the shipper and hauler.

And of course....they are living in the no responsibility zone they think while robbing hard working and honest people. Their censorship says it all.

good way to scam uship. book your shipments.

ask your customers to cancel threw the site. yes it hurts your feedback but you get the whole amount you booked. they cant kick u off for excessive cancellations. its in the policy.

if they do u got them by the balls.

oh there customer service is the worst i ever seen. there emails back to you seem like there automated.